Friday, October 8, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Well, life has gotten the best of me.
I feel like for the last two weeks, I have totally abandoned my normal routine and with that went updating the blog.  :(
Sorry friends!

Last week I was out of town working at a very important conference for work and the week before that I was over my head in prep work for said conference.  I barely had time to eat a meal much less could I sit in front of a computer and do something not work related.  And worst of all, I can't even believe it's true, for 6 solid days, I didn't even pick up my crochet.  GASP!!  I know, it was so sad, my crochet bag just sitting there in the corner of my hotel room (along with my lonely laptop).  At the end of the day, I looked at it longingly but exhaustion won out and I had to let it go another day.

Needless to say, I did not finish my latest baby blanket for my cousin's shower last weekend, so I'll have to send it to her as soon as I am finished...Those stupid ends have driven me almost to tears.  Please if you only take ONE piece of advice from me, let it be this: WEAVE IN YOUR ENDS AS YOU GO!!!  You will thank me later, I promise.  I have been weaving in ends for the last two evenings as much as I can, as long as I can stay awake.  Tonight might be the night, then comes the border, and then finally maybe it can be packed up and parceled out. 

I have some great upcoming projects that I need to get started on for Christmas presents.
I mentioned a while ago that I got sucked into the Big Stitch Crochet at Stitches Midwest and bought all of the yarn I will (hopefully) need for an afghan for my mom.  I also bought a kit for a quite intricate wool afghan from Herrschner's that might be a Christmas gift, if I can get it done!  I also have some baby hats that I would like to try out, and a few scarves for some of the ladies in my family...  it's all very intimidating, but I think I can do it, most of it anyway.  I also want to buy a new sewing machine, so time to start researching those too.  Too bad my pesky job gets in the way of all of this fun stuff!  :)

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back!I get mad when life gets in the way of my hooky time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested to see how you make out with your search for sewing machines. Mine is about 30 years old, a good one Elna, but the new ones are pretty pricey. Viking Huskavane(sp?) is great too.
    Hopefully you can pick up that hook again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor thing, no time for hooky. I hope your work settles down a bit so you don't feel quite so under pressure.
    Have a lovely relaxing weekend.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand. Isn't this weater perfect. Can't stay put on nice days like this. We will back inside all too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Boo to no crochet! I hate it when life gets in the way of the good stuff. Hope things calm down a bit for you now. xx

    ReplyDelete