Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Well Hello There!

Hello and welcome to my new blog!

I'm fairly new to the crochet and blogging communities, but I'm going to give it all a go.  For Christmas this year, my wonderful Mother-in-Law gave me the gift of 3 introductory crochet classes for her and I to take together at our local yarn store.  Our first class was at the end of February and we were taught the basics of crocheting: a few of the most commonly used stitches as well as types and weights of yarn.  We were sent away at the end of the first class with homework: make two swatches, one in single crochet and one in double crochet.  It was a good test in tension and making sure the stitch count stayed consistent throughout the pieces.  From that first class, pun intended, I was HOOKED on crocheting.  Eager to jump ahead before our next class, I started watching videos on You Tube to learn how to make a basic and classic Granny Square.  Needless to say, I had no clue what I was doing and ended up with a mess...I used too thick of a yarn on too small of a hook, missed a corner somewhere (4 corners = a square, 3 corners = a triangle).  So I patiently waited for the upcoming class two to properly learn the Granny Square.  From there, it's all taken flight.

In the past few months, I've started several projects, read MANY technique books and websites, learned how to read and follow a pattern, and become completely addicted to yarn and all of the beautiful potential they have all balled up inside.  I find my inspiration from the blogs and websites of many amazingly talented ladies from all over the world.  I hope that I have enough interesting things to post about and that you come back to see more!  My biggest wish is that someday I will inspire people with my work in the way I have been inspired by so many others.

Thanks for visiting!
~kelly~

No comments:

Post a Comment