I haven't yet found a way to deal with it.
There's a lovely crochet & knit community out there on the interwebs called Ravelry that my crochet class instructor Angie told us all about. It is a fantastic place to find patterns, ask questions, "meet" people who share common interests, swap/sell yarns, see what everyone else is working on, etc. A few months back, I decided to check Ravelry out and see what Angie was talking about. Wow, did that open up a huge can of worms for me! I feel like I hit the jackpot! I spent some time surfing around there, getting ideas for what I would like to make for my first project. That's when I found the hexagon blanket pictures. This is it! This is what I need to make! Of course, after spending a few days drooling all over my keyboard as I read Lucy's blog, I started to learn more and more about yarn and the wonderful world out there that I had, up until then, been oblivious to. The more I dug around Ravelry and blogs linked to blogs linked to blogs, the more I fell in love with bright saturated colors.
So, each and every day I suffer from Yarn Envy. I want it all. I want the yarn that everyone else used on their projects. I want to do it all! My list of projects I want to start grows more and more each day.
My goal is to get finished what I have actually started (more on those projects coming soon) and then move on to new projects. It's still hard to pass up pretty yarn when I don't have a specific project for it though.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment