So I've just come back from vacation (more about that later) and in the mail waiting for me was the newest issue of Crochet Today! magazine with great new spring patterns in it. One of the many adorable patterns is for a cute bag called the May Flowers Tote. It's a very cute bag that looks like it will be a lot of fun and maybe a little bit challenging to make. Of course in the magazine, they show it in a light gray yarn, which isn't really my thing. I think I need a little bit of color! So off to Ravelry I go to see if anyone else has started this bag yet, and why yes, there are 2 so far. In the project info of one kind Raveler is a link to a great website with how-to instructions for sewing in a great secure lining. What's even better is that there are step-by-step pictures! Oh boy! In the pattern info in the magazine, they note that the handles used for their tote are from SuperBuzzy. Much to my delight, this site has adorable fabric, and even better, drum roll please, they have OWLS!!
They aren't quite as bright as I was looking for, but its a start. I still have several hundred different fabric swatches to sift through, but I'm starting to get some images together in my mind for colors of yarn, type of handle, and fabric for the lining.
But again, this must wait. MUST FINISH OTHER PROJECTS FIRST! :)
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment