Yesterday was a quick trip to Chicago. My mom and my nieces came up on the train and I met them at the station for a little girl's day. Our first trip was to the American Girl store so that Charlee could get her first AG Doll. She's 4 and has been waiting very patiently for Grandma to buy one for her. Delaney got her AG Doll a few years ago.
After we left AG, we ate a quick lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and then headed up to the top of the John Hancock Building. That was an expensive hour! But on such a gorgeous day, we were allowed gorgeous views.
After leaving Hancock, we walked around the park outside at the old Water Tower and petted the horses that were working for the horse-drawn carriage rides (no pictures, but the girls begged to go for a ride next time we're downtown). The vote was to head to Navy Pier to go on a boat ride to see the Chicago skyline. It was a perfect day for a cruise! And luckily it was a short cruise, just long enough to keep the girls entertained but not too long so they didn't get bored.
All in all it was a great day. I don't know who was more tired, the girls or Grandma!
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I long to visit Chicago, the pictures are brilliant.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! I love the Cheese Cake Factory. Went there for the first time last Black Friday.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos Kelly. Its easy to see that the little ones had a great time. Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteI know that city. Wow... looks nice downtown. We haven't been in on a weekend for a long time. What a great time you had.
ReplyDeleteStop by in the next day or so. My Luc Pak Circle of Friend is done and ready for the big Ta-Da. Hopefully, tomorrow I can get out and take some pic and post. Fingers crossed. Even A24 stopped by today and she is waiting for a peek, maybe I need to make her wait like she does to us...te-he..
By the way, love your stripie a couple post ago.
Kate