Since I finished the ginormous project of the granny stripe monster, I've been kind of taking it easy. Giving my hooks a rest. That was such a huge project, the biggest I've done so far, and now that it's done, I'm kind of stumped on the what's next? part. Is it too soon to start Christmas projects? Certainly not. But I should probably finish up some of my WIPs first, right? ;)
In the meantime, I am making another fat bottom bag, this time a gift for a friend. This will be my 3rd FBB and I really enjoy doing it. It's such an easy pattern once you get the hang of the special stitches and it really doesn't take very long. I was sitting in my car on my lunch hour today working on it (which is what I typically do on lunch as a nice get-away from the office to clear my head). The light in the car was perfect and the breeze was blowing, making it all-in-all a very nice day to crochet. My mind started to wander to dreams of not having to work in Corporate America anymore. The idea of not having to read and sort through emails that 25 people were CC'd on, report to people who have no idea what my job actually entails and sit in meetings that really have nothing to do with me sounds fantastic. I've kind of hit a wall. I've been with this company for 9 years (August 6, 2001) and although I've held various positions and worked in several different departments over the years, things from year to year really haven't changed. The question always remains the same: Is this it? ::sigh::
Anyway...while I was off in La-La Land, I decided to get out my new little Panasonic camera and play with the Macro setting. Since the light was so right, ya know. I didn't really do much, but I just love Macro! I want to take more Macro!
Here's the stitching on the FBB. Of course it looks sideways, but once it is actually a bag the rows will be going horizontally anyway, so who cares. :)
This is Michael's Loops & Threads Impeccables yarn. It's a sturdy acrylic and I really love it for projects like bags and totes. It holds it shape, it doesn't split, and it doesn't cost a fortune! Mandy specifically requested the gray which is one of my favorites. I'm going to liven it up with some pretty pink lining, a pink flower and black handles.
And just because, my much-loved, well-worn Susan Bates 5.5mm hook in one of my favorite colors. Cheers me right up!
Another cheer-me-up helping with the dishes.
And making good use of The Monster, which I love seeing folded up on the back of the couch.
Well, that's all for now. Off to figure out what's next, at least in terms of crochet. Jobwise, I think I'm stuck here for a while. Maybe Frontierville on Facebook will pass the time!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







who doesn't love a marco. great job on the grannie stripe and i love what you did with your lucy pak.
ReplyDeleteThanks! The Rico was nice to work with. I'll probably write up something tomorrow about that. :)
ReplyDeleteOh that Oliver! Helping with the dishes!!
ReplyDeleteI so want to start that Fat Bottom, but have got to finish up stuff!
Oh cute kitty helping out in the kitchen. Your rug looks beautiful too.
ReplyDeletePenny you should do the fat bottom bag! It's really pretty easy and quick! And you can use some fantastic hooty fabric to line it. :)
ReplyDelete