So far, in my fairly green crochet "career", I have made two gifts for newborn babies and I just love seeing them in use. It makes all of the hard work and time and planning and money spent worth it.
Baby A was born to my friend D on Memorial Day, May 31. He is their miracle baby after several miscarriages and I was honored to be invited to D's baby shower. So of course, the hook and yarn came out and I made an afghan for A. They already knew he was a boy so that made color choices much easier.
The second afghan I made was for my husband's step-brother E and his wife K. They live out of state so we don't get a chance to visit with them more than once a year for holidays, so I felt it was really important that we (I) send a gift that was meaningful, not just something ordered off of their registry with just a few clicks of the mouse. E and K did not know the gender of their little one, so the colors had to be more neutral. I decided to go with bright colors instead of typical baby pastels for this one. I finished it and got it off in the mail just in time and it was delivered the day they brought their little girl home. :)
Now I need more friends to have babies so that I can make more baby afghans! It's so much fun and because of their small size, they work up much quicker than adult size afghans. But until then, I have many other projects to keep me busy!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment