I'm working on a few different projects right now, getting ready for the holidays (yikes!) and a few gifts are on my "to do" list.
My first "must finish" is an afghan for my cousin who is expecting her first child in October. I really wanted to make something useable for her and the baby, not just a decorative piece, so I opted for simple stripes of teal, lemon, plum and magenta with a lime scalloped border. I have 8 more stripes to go before I can start the border and I need to be finished in 10 days! The worst part will be weaving in the ends because I've deviated from my normal routine of weaving them in as I go. Word of advice: weave the ends in AS YOU GO!!! It will save headaches later when you just want to be done but instead you have a few more hours of work left to be completed. Ugh.
Anyway...
I also stopped at the library the other day and picked up a few pattern books. My library doesn't have the best selection of crochet books (but of course there are shelves of knitting books, go figure) but once in a while I get lucky and find a few I haven't seen yet. Thankfully though, my library does interlibrary loans with neighboring community libraries, so my selection is broader but I have to reserve online, I can't just go browse the shelves. I picked up these 3. One is a bunch of amigurumi toys and I've already started a hippo. The second book is a fantastic one called Crochet In Color by Kathy Merrick and it has some really great patterns in it. I might have to buy this book so that I can do some of these patterns later! The third book (in the middle) is all about edging -- I haven't had a chance to flip through this one yet.
Back to the gifts I'm working on...
I picked up some yarn and a hook from The BagSmith lady at Stitches Midwest...the hook is ginormous, like a broom handle...and I plan to do a tunisian stitch afghan. Can't post pictures yet because it's a gift after all!
And lastly, I recently ordered two more Lucy Packs of Rico Creative Cotton!! I have no idea when it will arrive but I absolutely cannot wait. I will be making something for myself that's for sure. After all of these gifts, its high time I spoiled myself right?
Ta for now!
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Aw! i think the blanket is absoulty gorgeous! (:
ReplyDeletealicroshaye.com
love that blanket!
ReplyDeleteSweet blanket! The lime border will look awesome with those stripes :)
ReplyDeleteThe blanket is great!
ReplyDeleteWhich stitch is this? I love it!
The blanket looks beautiful, know it will go over really well! That book, Crochet in Colour looks interesting!
ReplyDeleteI love the blanket, any chance of posting how u make that stitch? ty :)
ReplyDeleteLook at those colors - wow! It's gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove the bag and penguin in previous posts too.
Lovely blanket and I too would love to know more about the stitch used
ReplyDelete