Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Special Delivery for a Special Friend

A few weeks ago, my friend A saw my pictures on Facebook of my first Fat Bottom Bag and begged me to make one for her.  Let me remind you of what she saw:

I just loved making this bag, so much so that I made a second one in a coral color.  The first one has no lining, because, well, I didn't do my research to find instructions for lining the bag until it was too late.  But I was prepared for FBB#2 and followed the instructions to line it. That was also the 1st time I'd used a sewing machine in, oh, about 17 years.  But now I think it's time to get one of my own.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  A really liked the gray FBB with the pretty pink and purple flower on it.  So I got myself to Michael's and got another skein of the gray Impeccable yarn and got to work on one for her.  I found adorable lining at Hobby Lobby and got to work.  I also did a different, better coordinating flower for the outside, but also threw in the pink and purple one she loves so much so she can change them with her mood.  :)

Here's the final product, out in the mail today.  The outside looks the same as the one above.  So much fun working on things for other people. 



Oh, and another little gift for someone special...it's part of a bigger gift, but I can't reveal the whole thing until after his birthday for fear that he might actually read my blog.  LOL


Next up on the gift front is a baby girl blankie made of rows of tiny shells in pretty baby girl colors...

Ciao!

12 comments:

  1. Wow ,love your bag !!! I have this book but I've only made the short and sweet shrug from it ,so far.
    I think your bag looks even nicer than the ones in the book. No wonder your friend wanted one. Love the lining fabric too :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that bag!!!! Happy to find your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the bag! Though grey is not one of my favourite colours, the lining makes the bag very special for me.

    And that little penguin! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bags are spectacular. It's hard for me to believe you have been only hooking for such a short time. I have to print out these directions, as I need a simple project for our trip to Vermont. I haven't had the sewing machine out for years, as well....icks...do I remember how to thread the darn thing.

    Such a pleasure to have found you via A24. Fun to have a blogette so close to home. Now, if we could just get over the summer and move onto the fall colors. At least the humidity is gone.

    Looking forward to you next posting.

    Toodles,
    Kate - The Garden Bell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! the bag looks amazing! and i love love love the lining! (:

    http://alicroshaye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popped on over from The Garden Bell. That is one cutie pie of a penguin - I do love them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bag! Where did the pattern come from? You probably said and I've missed it! The lining is gorgeous, I neeeed one of these bags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love loveeeeee the bag and I knew right away I wanted one too so I ordered the book over here in the Netherlands.

    How disappointing to see they took the bag out of the dutch version of the book :-(((

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice bag - I love it. :)

    Come by my blog to pick up the "Recognizing Your Talent" award that I would like to give to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lining is PERFECT for that bag! How I wish Hobby Lobby would come to DE. I do enjoy visiting (and spending $$) them when I'm home in MI.

    Lovely blog, too. Come visit mine when you have the chance!

    Erin =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the bag looks gorgeous! I love Fat bottom bag and just wish to make one for a long time but not yet until now, but surely I will.
    Your blog is so amazing, that's great to be here!

    ReplyDelete