Through the influence of my Rav friends, I bit the bullet and ordered two Japanese crochet books from a seller on Etsy. They arrived the other day, sooner than I anticipated. These are going to be so much fun to go through!
The first one is Pretty Color Crochet and Knit Goods. It has some beautiful decorative pieces.
And I also got sucked into the Cats & Friends pattern book to make some adorable little kitties. I didn't get pictures, but the books also has patterns for turtles, pigs, chipmunks, and mice. So cute!
Now I just need to learn how to read the Japanese patterns. Luckily they do their patterns in diagram form, so all I have to know are the symbols for the stitches...I don't have to know how to read Japanese! hahaha There is a group on Ravelry with great members who can help with translation. I can't wait to get started on a tiny kitty! For sure I'm going to have to make one to resemble Oliver. I have the perfect color DMC embroidery floss to make a tiny kitty.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You go girl. Keep us posted on the your Japanese reading goes. This looks like a ton of fun.
ReplyDelete