But....
I did find these two beauties and they came in the mail yesterday from Buttercupity Fabric. I can't wait to get started on new projects!
The first fabric, the teal and lime flowers on a gray background will be used in the black tote. The picture from my camera phone just doesn't do it justice. The yarn I got for this one is black acrylic from Michael's called Impeccable. I've never used it before but I liked the feel of it and it was slightly cheaper than Vanna's Choice.
The second fabric, I think, will be used to line another bag that I've got in my queue called The Lucy Bag. I'm still waiting for the yarn for this one. A few weeks back, in our group on Ravelry, Lucy kindly shared a new cotton yarn she had tried called Creative Cotton by Rico. Well since Lucy has such a mass following on her blog (Attic24), a bunch of people asked her all about it and she posted where she purchased it from. That led to the shop being innundated with online orders (but kudos to them for their excellent customer service and for the fact that they put together a nice little one-click pack of 1 skein of each of the colors Lucy blogged about). Soon that yarn will arrive. (Picture of the yarn taken from Lucy's blog - I hope she won't mind until I get my own to photograph!) Seeing the picture of the fabric with the picture of the yarn, I think they go nicely together!
So for now, I'm going to sit back and try to finish some of my WIPs so that I can get a start on my two bags. (We'll talk about the yarn I just ordered a half hour ago later!)





No comments:
Post a Comment