There's no doubt, C and I are ginormous fans of The Swell Season. Glen Hansard is from Ireland (and part of the other fantastic group The Frames) and Marketa Irglova is a classically trained Czech pianist and vocalist.
Last night we saw our 2nd show at Ravinia in Highland Park.
What a great show!! C managed to get tickets on pre-order and he got 7th row! The last time we saw them, we were in the 2nd balcony about 30 rows back, so we could barely make them out on stage.
Ravinia is a great place to go hear great music. Most people get tickets for the lawn, bring their blankets and chairs, picnic baskets, tables, tablecloths, candles, coolers with beer and wine, and an amazing spread of food. C and I decided we really wanted to actually be able to SEE the concert, so we jumped on those pre-sale tickets as soon as they were available.
While our seats were outstanding, my little Nikon point-and-shoot camera is less than stellar, so the pictures aren't that good. I did get a few videos though, and those turned out nicely.
The lawn, about an eighth of the lawn actually.
The view of the stage from our awesome seats. The white "waves" during the concert are lit with different colored lights and make a great backdrop for the band.
A blurry picture of Marketa and Glen (I really wanted a better picture of her shawl because it was gorgeous and I could probably crochet one just like it if I could just find a pattern for it. It looked like it was made with a Noro yarn!).
And I did get a video of the song "Low Rising" which is my current favorite song of theirs.
It was a great night and I can't wait to see The Swell Season again the next time they're in town. What a wonderful group of people.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment