After making a trip to the post office today, I decided to treat myself to a little jaunt through Joann Fabric (and crafts!) that's just a few stores down from the post office. Boy am I glad I did!
I had my 40% off coupon stashed in my purse (2, as a matter of fact) and knew that I wanted to get handles for the Fat Bottom Bag #2 that I'm close to finishing (more on FBB#1 in a moment). So I snatched up some cute eye-shaped brown wooden handles that will go perfectly with the coraly colored Impeccables yarn called Rouge.
And what's that you see behind those lovely handles? New fabric for lining said Fat Bottom Bag! I went with a green print because I knew the coral would be too hard to match and I didn't really want something dark. Green and coral go nicely together and this is such a fun print!
So after I got my handles and had my fabric cut, I wandered back through the yarn section, the entire time telling myself that I wasn't going to get any yarn this time, because really, I think I have enough yarn (ask C!). But there, all lonely on the shelves were two skeins of Vanna's Choice Baby, one Poodle Pink and one Berrylicious. For some reason, either Lion Brand has decided to discontinue some of the baby colors, or Joann's won't be carrying it anymore, but several of the colors were on clearance. I bought what I could a few weeks ago for The Monster. But someone must have returned these two, because there they were! Calling for me! Looking for their forever home. The Poodle Pink doesn't seem to be part of the "discontinued/clearance" group, so it was the sale price that all of the rest of the Vanna's was: 2/$5. But the Berrylicious was $0.97!!!! I couldn't believe it when it came up on the receipt at that price. It will definitely get used, but I don't feel so guilty if it sits in my stash for a while before that happens. :)
So, the Fat Bottom Bag #1 was started and finished within 3 days. I didn't even have time to take pictures of it until it was finished! I loved this pattern so much that I've started a 2nd (hence the green lining and handles above).
The little flower is a pattern from the book Crochet Adorned by Linda Permann.
That's all for now. I really need to spend a few hours (days?) getting my projects all organized, photographed, updated on Ravelry, and just finished in general. I'm hoping that very soon there will be some more project reveals to post.
Bye for now!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Those pinks are so pretty! Got a question regarding the directions for the Fat Bottom. Am I missing something or what. Why is it called HHDC and not HDC? Sure is a cutie!
ReplyDeletePenny- HDC would be yo, insert hook in stitch, yo, draw yarn through stitch, yo and pull and thru all 3 loops on hook. The HHDC has one extra step: yo, insert hook in stitch, yo, draw yarn thru stitch AND FIRST LOOP ON HOOK, yo, draw thru both loops on hook.
ReplyDeleteSo with the HHDC you're going through that first loop on the hook and then yarning over again. Let me know if you want me to find pics or explain in further detail...
This post had me laughing out loud! I'm so glad that the yarn has found a great forever home. Also in love with that Fat Bottom Bag! I was wondering if you were able to sell those? I know on Ravelry you had asked about it. If you are I would so love to buy one :D
ReplyDeleteTotally aDORable. You are doing unbelieveably well for having just started on this journey. By the way, I so am loven' you KnitPicks baby ripple over on Rav. I haven't tried that particular yarn yet. Right now, I'm knee deep in making Circles of Life with my Lucy A24 yarn. I'm really liking the direction it's going.
ReplyDeleteSwell Season in one of our fav. I'm so pissie at myself that I didn't know that they were at Ravina this year.
Off to do another circle.
Toodles for now,
Kate
www.thegardenbell.blogspot.com
Hi Kate! Thanks for the comments! Are you using the Rico yarn? The KnitPicks yarn is somewhat similar, especially in weight although the added rayon (modal) in the KP makes it a bit slick (but I like that!) I haven't broken into my Rico stash just yet.
ReplyDeleteBummer that you missed out on TSS at Ravinia. It was a good show but the more conservative Ravinia crowd make it a little more subdued than other TSS shows we've seen. Next time I see they're in the area, I'll let you know!