Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Progress

Just thought I'd pop in and post a few pictures of my progress on some projects.

The Granny Stripe Monster is coming along nicely.  I can usually get 2 or 3 stripes done in an evening, but tonight I've only done one.  So far I have 42, so about half way done.  If it weren't for air conditioning, I wouldn't be working on it at all right now as it can get rather warm underneath there!


I spent some time on Monday evening working on a pin cushion for myself.  I have borrowed a sewing machine from a co-worker/friend and haven't worked up the courage to try using it yet.  I need to line 2 bags and hand sewing the lining wouldn't be anywhere near as strong as machine sewing.  So the sewing machine sits and mocks me, taunts me, teases me to try and figure it out.  In my attempt to get ready to sew, I decided that my pins in their tiny little plastic box that they came in just weren't working...I needed a pin cushion to be able to properly sew.  So I spent the two hours I had left of the evening hooking out a cute little pin cushion.  :)  Progress, right?


This weekend I have no plans and plan to spend most, if not all, of Saturday indoors working on projects that need to get finished.  Then I'll be ready to post a true progress report.  Until then...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word I LOVE the colours of your granny stripe monster blanket, they're just gorgeous.

    (As is the cat!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Kelly! Your Post on Ravelry with the pin cushion inspired me to make one yesterday and I gave it away as a gift last night to my parents new Pastor. (She's a woman Pastor) I did take pics and will post them later this morning on Rav. Going out to Walk with dad shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly - Totally adorable monster blankie and your kitty looks so comfy on it. I look foward to visiting your blog again.

    ReplyDelete